6.23.2009

pork chops.

After quite a stretch of not eating meat, I decided to ease back into it. About a month ago I had my first tastes of meat in years and got horribly ill. And by ill, I mean HORRIBLY ill, like I've never been before. But, I persevered and now I can now say that I am a full fledged happy healthy omnivore once again, and I have found that I absolutely love pork chops. This is something that I never realized until now, but sheesh, they are delicious.

Now I know all of the vegetarians out there will wonder why I would ever go back, why I didn't fight the temptations, etc. But honestly... there were no temptations! I never thought about meat, didn't crave it, didn't like the smell of it, nothing. The reason is that I was not a responsible vegetarian and I did not get the proper nutrients that my body needed. cut and dried. plain and simple.

So in the spirit of meats, I have found some dandy pork chop lovelies, as well as my favorite ever pork chop recipe, the one that began the love affair... enjoy!

Porky Chop Pork Plush Toy by Sweet Meats


Print of a painting by Mike Geno

pork chop cassanova's by Stella Lola


And the recipe:

1 T paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 T butter
1/2 T olive oil
4 boneless center cup chops

Combine Paprika, salt, sage, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne on a plate. Coat the chops with seasoning mixture on both sides. Heat butter and oil over high heat in a large skillet until very hot. Place chops in skillet, reduce heat to medium and cook 8 to 9 minutes, turning once halfway through.

Enjoy!